Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A Writing

I just came a cross a folder I had of my poetry or poems I have done a few years back.
A bunch of it was for a writing swap on a group I belonged to. I was living in Tennessee and wrote a lot but since my move last year I haven't.

So let me amuse myself and get back to blogging by putting up one of mine.

Cloudy Day

Against a baby blue sky they appear
Clouds, pristine white
Clouds, tinged with gray
Changing shape as they slowly glide by
First, shaped as an elephant, then a dog

Amused, I watch as they float by
Then, suddenly, rain drops
gracing the land below giving needed
nourishment to the earth below

First it comes in droplets that make it
easy to stay and watch
Then a shower of rain, that makes me alert,
but wet.

Clouds, providing water for this parched land
Clouds, giving me a picture show on that
large baby blue screen.

by Diane Yates (me)

2 comments:

  1. I commented on this post when I read it. I have a privacy manager extension on my computer that probably blocked me from commenting. I mentioned that I had been thinking about you so much and had planned to drop you a note when I saw this post.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do write to me Carol. I am terrible about keeping in touch.
    Send me an email and I will send you my address dry5kids@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete