For this swap I had to make a small quiltie using things I haven't before. I have tried
just about everything on a quilt but stayed away from doing applique. So this time,
I decided I would try again and also do a little painting with acrylic paint for the sun and then I stitched around it. I used a button for the flower as an embellishment and a piece of felt cut to
look like grass.
The backing fabric is the same as the front, green with gold running through it. I cut the cat out of a fabric and finished it envelope style, three layers then stitched around it. It is about a 6 x6 inch size.
I have done applique before on two quilts but they were for me. When doing for someone else, which was the idea of swapping, I get a little nervous that it won't look good enough. However, the swapper who received it just loved it as did her little boy. Alls well that ends well, I guess.