Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012 - May God Bless America


There are a lot of movies on TV this weekend to commemorate Memorial Day and all the troops that gave their lives.  There is one thing that bothers me sometimes that I don't quite understand.  Most of the time speeches are made and they will always say something about the troops that died for our freedom.  I can understand if they were in the United States protecting us and our freedom and our borders.  That would be protecting our freedom.  Tell me why we are always at war in some far off land, giving up our troops lives for someone elses freedom?  Am I being to cynical about this?  Is it to protect us from invasion? Our troops that have not come home we salute you all be it World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan.  Now is the time for those that are still there, in other lands to come home.  Thank God we still have Freedom of Speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment