Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fabric Art Block: Underwater Theme

This is for another swap exchange with the theme being "Underwater".
I usually like to do landscapes but when I saw this fabric I thought it was
really cute.
I appliqued a mermaid on it that I printed off the internet on to some plain fabric.
I add some shells around her.
I then sewed around a couple of the large fish in a gold metallic thread, which
I had break several times while sewing and my patience grew thin.  I find that
since I have taken up sewing though, my patience for things is better. My way of
coping with things that get me rattled is to stop, get up out of the chair, walk away,
get a cup of tea (or glass of wine), wait a half hour or so and go back and finish.
It does work for me.
I hope the woman that I am sending this to will like it also.
Can't wait for the next theme which I think is About Birds.

To be continued.......

1 comment:

  1. Pretty fabric, front and back. I'm glad you've found a stress reliever that stores your patience. It's important to know our own limits and how to handle stress and go back to finish when we feel ready.

    ReplyDelete