Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year Bloggers!

Resolutions?  I have done many, without success, over the many years that I know about resolutions for the new year.  This year I will only say that I am going to take better care of my health.  I don't know to what extent that will be as I hate exercise, any exercise.  Eating well, well let me tell you about that.
I feel I have always fed my body well, I am overweight!  I know if I stopped with the glass of wine everyday and stopped my pasta cravings.  Paula Deen's recipes with BUTTER stopped, what kind of taste do you get if you eliminate butter in recipes.  That fresh baked Panera bread with butter again, cassoroles that are so easy to make for dinner, relinquish.  Never!  I am too old now to try to look like I was 40.  So weight loss may be at a minium this year.  But, I do know that I would be able to stop all the meds I take if I just lose 20 lbs.  Hum!!! that might be a slight incentive.
So, my husband loves me the way I am.  I sure hope my children do.  Yeah! they do.
So, here is my health resolution.  Eat smaller portions of what I like and walk to the mailbox everyday.
That shouldn't be to hard to do.



1 comment:

  1. Happy new year -- you can keep that resolution! I know you can. When it comes to pasta portions, think of what's in a weight watcher frozen pasta dish --sizewise, not flavorwise. If there's a really big crunchy salad with it, and lite dressing, and that pasta serving, you'll be sitting at the dinner table chewing away quite a while and will feel full when you get up. This I know because this I try to do. [I do think that of all the supposedly low cal frozen food, Weight Watchers are the yuckiest.]

    ReplyDelete