Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fabric Journal Swp - October


I must have a lot of time on my hands as I get these done super fast.
I am doing a simple calendar journal for a child so each month is in picture form and hopefully they will know by the picture what month it is.

This is for our journal swap and the 10th month. It is 9 x 12 inches as are the other months.
I used fabric with candy corn to symbolize Halloween.
The leaves are made of fabric. Not sewed completely down in order to give it dimension.
Pumpkins fabric also sewed in ribbon form. I try to use what elements I have on hand in order to reduce my stash of "stuff".

Pumpkins and leaves falling for Autumn or Fall.
It has batting inside and a plain muslin backing then
stitch around the edges to hold all in place. I will then
put a round washer on the corner in order for me to hang it on a
round hook with all the others. Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Colors of the leaves really pop on that background -- and I just may have to go buy some candy corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Perfect fall colors!
    Thank you for your kind words about my flower pictures! You can paint whatever ones you want! I love taking pics of flowers.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves are beautiful, and I like how you didn't sew them down completely in order to give them dimension. What a great idea! (Ann - freespirit66)

    ReplyDelete