Wednesday, August 18, 2010

String Strip Quilt Top -2010


Started this last month by sewing strips diagonally on plain fabric 13 x 13, then trimming a 12" square into four 6" squares, sewing them together to form another 12" square. This is a first for me and used up a lot of patience doing it. It is not finished as it need a border on it and then a backing (no batting) then I will stitch in the ditch around the blocks. I wanted something light thus the no batting inbetween. I love all the colors and it is a no brainer and goes fast. You use up a lot of scraps also. I enjoy instant gratification which this does. Being a novice at quilting of any kind I think this is called a string strip top. If anyone knows a different name for it please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. This quilt will be a treasured heirloom, it is so pretty. I have to give lots of credit to you. This looks like hard work but is certainly worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, another beautiful quilter. I would never have the Patience for that, but so admire all the work you gals do.
    Beautiful selections of fabric, and love he black background.

    thanks for signing up to follow my blog.
    Now I'm off to see more of your wonderful creations.
    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Must be very satisfying to have spent the time and used the patience and have it turn out so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this! Good job!!! I enjoy making those kind of scrappy happy projects! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt-so many beautiful colors. I read that you have a cat named Miss Kitty and she is 18 years old. I also have a cat whose name wasn't supposed to be Miss Kitty, but it stuck and she is between 17 and 18 years old. I treasure her each day!

    ReplyDelete