Monday, July 16, 2018

Summer - Hot -

Summer is not my favorite season.  It was when I was school age being the end of the school year and fun time in the neighborhood.  Now. at this age I'm at I find the weather too hot for playing outside with the neighbors.  In fact, no one is outside in this neighborhood of reitrees, too hot!

Do enjoy the flowers and trees in bloom all summer but maybe I am a little weird for the next season I love to see the colors in the leaves as they start to change in  the trees and fall into a pile on the ground likes pretty skirts of color.

 I also like the Winter as the trees become bare and the shapes of the branches make for designs you can't see when covered in summer green leaves.  You see a'lot more through those dark branches.  Homes and barns and abandoned buildings you didn't even know
were there.

SNOW, which I am sure a lot of Northern friends find trouble with but here I only see snow laying on the branches like decorations  or a 2 inch cover on the sidewalk.   This is in Eastern Tennessee I am at. 

I was thinking that since I was born the end of September, that may be a reason  I love Autumn or Fall (call it either). 

Now for me, I am a bit of a recluse.  I love my home and most of my "doings" are either at my crafting or writing.  I even prefer to write letters than telephone.  Age has a few limitations also for me at least and I envy those that get up an go.  Having the ablity to FACETIME my five adult kids and their kids is a blessing since we all live in different places. So for us older folks having an IPAD or IPHone and not being afraid to use it can be a plus for us.  My feelings regarding Iphones for the much younger set and how they use it is a little different though.

I will just stay in the aircondition
during the HOT summer days and keep hoping for Autumn or Fall to arrive, then my Winter and hopefully it begins all over again as Spring.


2 comments:

  1. I grew up in a small beach town on Lake Michigan. I loved that lake and spent every single day I could at the beach. The heat and humidity didn't bother me until I was well into my 50s. Now at 66, I stay in the AC when the humidity gets high, though dry heat doesn't bother me much. I try to keep up with the weeding, but have limited my gardening to around our pond area trying to make it as maintenance free as possible. Your Hibiscus is lovely. Mine have not yet bloomed, though my Rose of Sharon are blooming early. The fall is NOT my favorite time of year, though I was born in October and LOVE Halloween. I am grateful that I can sit inside and watch the snow fly in the winter. Our average snowfall is about 60 inches, though with global warming, that has creeped up to almost 80.

    Take care and post now and then.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a post at last -- and a lovely flower too. I don't have and don't want A/C. We just had three humid/hot days. That's about average for summer on Cape Cod, too brief to complain about.I walk on a beautiful, empty beach early in the morning when only dog walkers are around --almost my private place. Fall is a glorious season here, winter usually has one or two serious storms. So it goes. I like all of it.

    ReplyDelete