Friday, January 15, 2016

Yes, Happy New Year!



The New Year begins:

I was surprised that I have been able to have 80 years of saying Happy New Year, well, at least the years I was able to know what the sayings Happy New Year meant and able to say it.

The end of 2015, December, was very gratifying to me.  Mainly because I got to take a trip to Florida to see my children, grandchildren, relatives, old friends.  It does get tiring hopping from one place to another, they live in different cities, but gratifying to see their faces and spend time with them all.
I was glad after three weeks to get home though.  There is no place like home! as Dorothy said.

We just bought a new camper and this was her maiden voyage.  We have had campers for years. all size campers, but this small one was the most coziest and comfortable to be in and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  You see, I do not  like to put anyone out by staying in their homes.  As a youngster living at home, my parents never visited relatives for more than a day.   The only time I remember staying in someone's home was when I was eleven.  There was a beach house my mother, father, and sister and I stayed at for a week. It was because my father was a house painter and his friend offered the home to us while Dad did the work of painting it.  That does not count.

I didnt make any New Year's Resolutions.  I always forget about them by March anyway.  You know the ones, lose weight, exercise, join some art clubs, etc.This year I have noticed on Facebook and several other websites that we are asked now to pick a word that will reflect your attitude towards 2016.  I picked the work BRAVE.  I feel that at my age now I must be brave enough to accept my future of maybe getting weaker, not being able to do some things because of aches and pains.
Maybe, losing some old time friends. Politics in 2016, as it ends scares me.  I just felt that I heard the words Be Brave Diane as I read what others were using for their word of the year and Brave just fit me.
I will try!  So pick a word for 2016.


                                               In Savannah, Georgia State Park


6 comments:

  1. Oh where have you been Diane..having fun it seems! Congrats on the new camper. You don't have to be 80 for politics today to scare you...whodda thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh where have you been Diane..having fun it seems! Congrats on the new camper. You don't have to be 80 for politics today to scare you...whodda thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute camper! That was the perfect thing for the trip you took. Tiring, true but so good to see the family and long time friends. Now you can relax and watch the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 80th! How fun to see family. Enjoy your new camper and have FUN this year.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo, primero, espero llegar a los 80. Después, llegar tan linda como tú, y, tercero, tener todavía mi blog.
    Saludos cariñosos desde Chile
    Maru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanking you all for the interest in my writings.

    ReplyDelete